Master of Science in Statistics at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) offers the students an amalgam of knowledge on theoretical and applied concepts of Statistics in a wider spectrum. Further, it intends to impart awareness on the importance of the conceptual framework of statistics across diversified fields and to provide practical training on the applications of statistical methods for carrying out analysis of data using sophisticated programming languages and statistical software such as R, Python, SPSS, EXCEL etc. The course curriculum has been designed in such a way to cater the needs of stakeholders to get placements in industries and institutions on successful completion of the course and to provide those ample skills and opportunities to meet the challenges at the national level competitive examinations like CSIR NET in Mathematical Science, SET, Indian Statistical Service (ISS) etc.
1. To impart the importance of the role of approximation and mathematical approaches to analyze the real problems.
2. To strengthen the analytical and problem solving skill through real time applications.
3. To gain practical experience in computational techniques and programming tools used in the statistical arena.
4. To provide strong foundation in the best practices of collating and disseminating information.
5. To imbibe quality research and develop solutions to the social issues.
6. To prepare the students to use their skills in interdisciplinary areas such as finance, health, agriculture, government, business, industry etc.
Programme Specific outcomes
PSO1: Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills in identifying and applying appropriate principles and methodologies of statistics in real time problems.
PSO2: Demonstrate the execution of statistical experiments or investigations, analyze and interpret using appropriate statistical methods including statistical software and report accurately the findings of the experiments or investigations.
PSO3: Acquaint with contemporary trends in industrial/research settings and thereby innovate novel solutions to existing problems.