The CBZ program at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) emphasizes on making the students understand the structural and functional basis of life. The program aims to launch students to higher learning in biological and chemical sciences and contribute to the welfare of the society. It is designed to help the students to understand the importance of chemicals, chemical industries and the role of these in improving the quality of human life. It also helps the students to recognize and appreciate the contribution of every organism in maintaining harmony in nature
On successful completions of the BSc Programme students will be able to
PO1. Understand and apply the fundamental principles, concepts and methods in key areas of science and multidisciplinary fields
PO2. Demonstrate problem solving, analytical and logical skills to provide solutions for the scientific requirements
PO3. Develop the critical thinking with scientific temper
PO4. Communicate the subject effectively
PO5. Understand the importance and judicious use of technology for the sustainable growth of mankind in synergy with nature
PO6. Understand the professional, ethical and social responsibilities
PO7. Enhance the research culture and uphold the scientific integrity and objectivity
PO8. Engage in continuous reflective learning in the context of technological and scientific advancements
On successful completions of the BSc CBZ Programme students will be able to
PSO1. Provide a comprehensive understanding of fundamentals of chemical sciences and biological sciences
PSO2. Express proficiency in oral and written communications to appreciate innovation in research.
PSO3. Understand the impact of chemicals in societal and environmental contexts.
PSO4. Apply ethical principles and responsibilities while conducting animal studies.
PSO5 Understand the biodiversity and to apply the knowledge to conserve endangered species.
PSO6. Develop industry-focused skills to lead a successful career.
1. Approaching the subject from theoretical and practical points of view.
2. Opportunity to attend seminars, workshops etc.
3. Extra-curricular activities for peer interaction, growth of organizational skills and personality development.
4. Well-equipped and spacious laboratories.
5. Well qualified and experienced staff.
6. Industrial collaboration/training.
7. Placement opportunities.
8. Good library and internet facilities.
9. Industrial /Institutional projects.
10. CSIR/NET coaching.
11. Journal club to discuss research papers.
12. Gust lectures by experts from the field.