Data Science is popular in all academia, business sectors, and research and development to make effective decision in day to day activities. MSc in Data Science is a two year programme with four semesters. This programme aims to provide opportunity to all candidates to master the skill sets specific to data science with research bent. The curriculum supports the students to obtain adequate knowledge in theory of data science with hands on experience in relevant domains and tools. Candidate gains exposure to research models and industry standard applications in data science through guest lectures, seminars, projects, internships, etc.
• To acquire in-depth understanding of the theoretical concepts in statistics, data analysis, data mining, machine learning and other advanced data science techniques.
• To gain practical experience in programming tools for data sciences, database systems, machine learning and big data tools.
• To strengthen the analytical and problem solving skill through developing real time applications.
• To empower students with tools and techniques for handling, managing, analyzing and interpreting data.
• To imbibe quality research and develop solutions to the social issues.
Ethics and Human Values
1. Only proprietary or open source software would be used for academic teaching and learning purposes.
2. Copying of programs from internet, friends or from other sources is strictly discouraged since it impairs development of programming skills.
3. Unique Practical (Domain based) exercises ensures that the students don’t involve in code plagiarism.
4. Projects undertaken by students during the course are done in teams to improve collaborative work and synergy between team members.
5. Projects involve modularization which initiates students to take individual responsibility for common goals.
6. Passion for excellence is promoted among the students, be it in software development or project documentation.
7. Giving due credit to sources during the seminar and research assignment is promoted among the students
8. The course and its design enforce the practice of good referencing technique to improve the sense of integrity.
9. Courses involving group discussions and debates on ethical practices and human values are designed to sensitize the students in dealing with customers and members within the organization.
- CS01 - Programming in C
- CS02 - Introduction to Computers and Computer Programming
- CS03 - Introduction to MS-Office Packages
- CS04 - Web Designing Using HTML, PHP and MySQL
- CS05 - Graphic Designing
- CS06 - Unix Operating System
- CS07 - Introduction to Database Management System
- CS08 - Management Information System (MIS)
- CS09 - Advanced Java Programming