Post graduate Engineering / Technology OR equivalent degree in appropriate discipline/specialization with a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade
Rules for Exemption from M.Phil for admission to Ph.D Programs. *
(As approved by the Academic Council in its meeting held on 25th May 2009 / 28th Sept.2011)
1. Post Graduate Degree in the related field of Research with not less than 55% marks.
2. The candidate must have completed and/or being involved as a Research Associate/ Fellow, in a major research project (sponsored by UGC or any other approved institution) of specified duration of not less than 2 years.
3. The candidates who are doing such research project must have completed at least one year of such research.
4. The research project done / being done must be in the faculty area of the Ph.D Course applied for.
Approved Institution for the purpose may be any national or international organization engaged in the field of Research and having recognition as an approved body of research.
5. **Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D in Commerce/Management based on membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India/ Institute of Company Secretaries of India must have not less than 5 years of post qualification professional / industry experience, as may be acceptable to the University, as equivalent to Research.
Ph.D Course Requirements.
Candidates provisionally admitted to Ph.D course on the basis of above said exemption, shall, as part of additional course work and for confirmation of the admission, pass a written examination on the following papers with not less than 55% marks in each paper.
Paper I – Advanced Research Methodology. For 50 Marks of 2 Hrs duration.
Paper II – Analytical paper on the Subject of Research. For 50 Marks of 2 Hrs duration.
The written examinations shall be held within 3 months of enrolment. The syllabus for the papers will be based on the Research Proposal as determined by the CUCR in consultation with the Dean of the subject faculty.
Application has to be made in the prescribed format with a separate letter seeking exemption from M.Phil qualification, duly supported by relevant documents relating to research experience.
Fee for Exemption:
In addition to the normal fee applicable to Ph.D course, the candidate shall be required to pay an exemption fee of Rs.5000/- for processing the application and for the conduct of the written examination.
* As approved by AC 25.05.2009
** As approved by AC 28.09.2011