Christ University introduces the BCom (Hons)-Strategic Finance programme from June 2018. A three year under graduate degree programme integrated with the globally recognised Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification awarded by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), which is a US-based worldwide association for accountants and financial professionals. This programme caters to commerce aspirants who desire to build their professional expertise in financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics – skills that are in demand by organizations around the world.
Students pursuing the BCom (Hons) – Strategic Finance programme will undergo the CMA coursework as part of their regular curriculum. The two parts of CMA papers, are divided into five regular courses and integrated into the main curriculum. IMA official study materials from WILEY will be provided to the students and used for instruction. IMA’s authorised training partners in India will teach these courses during regular working hours scheduled in the timetable. The assessment and end semester examination pattern for these five courses shall be online examinations aligned with IMA assessment pattern.
The CMA certification from IMA, comprises of two exam parts:
(i) Part 1 – Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance and Control
(ii) Part 2 – Financial Decision-Making. These exams have to be taken up separately by the students during their degree programme in Christ University by paying IMA examination fees
• CMA exam content will be covered in 2, 3 and 4 semesters of the programme curriculum, by IMA authorised trainers using official study materials.
• US audit curriculum integrated in semester 5
• Evaluation pattern aligned with IMA assessment methods
• Usage of case studies and simulations from the IMA and Harvard Business School publishing
• Co-curricular/Extra-curricular programmes on a regular basis.
• NGO project
• Four- Six Weeks Summer Internship in industry.
• Research Project & Viva.
Highlights of CMA certification:
• Academic advantage – 2 part single level exams
• Convenience – Online exams administered over six months in a year
• Exam can be taken at Prometric test centres across India
• Exams can be completed before graduation
• Significant career progression opportunity
- Selection Process
- Admission Process
- Application Process
- Fee Structure 2018
- Miscellaneous Information
- Admission for International Student Category
- Admission for NRI Student Category
- Important Dates for Selection Process
- Centre Deatils for ET_SA_MP_PI
- Syllabus(Academic Year-2018)