CHRIST (Deemed to be University) introduced the BCom (Strategic Finance Honours) programme in June 2018. A three year under graduate degree programme integrated with the globally recognised Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification awarded by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), which is a US-based worldwide association for accountants and financial professionals. This programme caters to commerce aspirants who desire to build their professional expertise in financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics – skills that are in demand by organizations around the world.
Students pursuing the BCom (Strategic Finance Honours) programme will undergo the CMA coursework as part of their regular curriculum. The two parts of CMA papers, are divided into five regular courses and integrated into the main curriculum. IMA official study materials from WILEY will be provided to the students and used for instruction. IMAauthorised training partners in India will teach these courses during regular working hours scheduled in the timetable. The assessment and end semester examination pattern for these five courses shall be online examinations aligned with IMA assessment pattern.
The CMA certification from IMA, comprises of two exam parts:
(i) Part 1 – Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance and Control
(ii) Part 2 – Financial Decision-Making. These exams have to be taken up separately by the students during their degree programme in CHRIST(Deemed to be University) by paying IMA examination fees
The three year BCom (Strategic Finance Honours)programme is divided into six semesters and is designed as per the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) model curriculum prescribed by UGC. It includes core papers, discipline specific electives, generic electives and skill enhancement courses.Discipline specific electives offered in the fifth and the sixth semesters are in the following streams: Finance &Investment and Accounting & Auditing.Students are required to undertake a research work (research article or report) during the fifth and the sixth semesters.
Students are also required to complete two inter-disciplinary open elective courses in diverse disciplines [Humanities / Sciences] during the first two years of the BCom (Strategic Finance Honours)after regular class hours. Successful completion of two such courses is mandatory for obtaining theBCom (Strategic Finance Honours)degree. Each open elective course will enable students to earn two extra credits.
• CMA exam content will be covered in 2, 3 and 4 semesters of the programme curriculum, by IMA authorised trainers using official study materials.
• US audit curriculum integrated in semester 5
• Evaluation pattern aligned with IMA assessment methods
• Usage of case studies and simulations from the IMA and Harvard Business School publishing
• Co-curricular/Extra-curricular programmes on a regular basis.
• NGO project
• Three months Summer Internship in industry.
• Research Project & Viva.
A three year under graduate degree programme integrated with the globally recognized Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification awarded by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), which is a US-based worldwide association for accountants and financial professionals. This programme will enable the students to exhibit their professional expertise in financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics – skills that are in demand by organizations around the world. The students enrolled to this programme will undertake three months summer internship and learn US audit procedures as part of their curriculum. The students enrolled to this programme will also be trained through Harvard cases and simulations.
As the graduates of this programme will be getting certified with CMA, they will be able to exhibit their expertise in the fields of accounting and finance in global organizations. Students are also required to undertake a research work (research article or report) during the fifth and the sixth semesters, which will in-turn nurture their research skills.
Highlights of CMA certification:
• Academic advantage – 2 part single level exams
• Convenience – Online exams administered over six months in a year
• Exam can be taken at Prometric test centres across India
• Exams can be completed before graduation
• Significant career progression opportunity
Regular classroom lectures shall be accompanied by any other method, which the instructors find suitable to deliver better learning. Some suggested methods are:
• Case Studies (including case studies from IMA and Harvard Business School Publishing)
• Simulations (including simulations from Harvard Business School Publishing)
• Group discussions & Peer learning
• Role Plays
• Seminars and Presentations
• Current Affairs Sessions relevant to the topic etc.
• IMA assessment methods (application based online tests and essays)
• Quiz Sessions
• Field study reports
• Periodic Tests
• Article reviews
• Discussion forums
• Case analysis
• Group discussions
• Assessment of Class Participation in case studies and discussions.
- Admission for International Student Category
- Admission for NRI Student Category
- Admission Process
- Application Process
- Centre Details for Selection Process
- Fee Structure 2019
- Important Dates for Selection Process
- Miscellaneous Information
- Selection Process
- Syllabus(Academic Year-2019)