The two-year (four semesters) Masters Programme in Chemistry (specializations in Organic and Analytic Chemistry) aims at providing a comprehensive study of various branches of chemistry to develop a critical and analytical approach to all major areas of the subject. The various papers in the first two semesters are presented in such a way as to give the students a harmonious view of the subject followed by the specialization papers of organic chemistry/analytical chemistry along with an industrial/institutional project in the last two semesters. Equal importance is given to both theory and practicals.The teaching methodology includes lecture, demonstration, seminars, internships, projects and presentations.
1. To prepare the students to become teachers of chemistry in centers of higher education.
2. To equip the students to perform functions that demand higher competence in national/international organizations.
3. To train the students in scientific research.
4. To help the students find meaning in life by broadening their field of vision.
1. Approaching the subject from theoretical and practical points of view.
2. Opportunity to attend seminars, workshops etc.
3. Extra-curricular activities for peer interaction, growth of organizational skills and personality development.
4. Well equipped and spacious laboratories.
5. Well qualified and experienced staff.
6. Industrial collaboration/training.
7. Placement opportunities.
8. Good library and internet facilities.
9. Industrial /Institutional projects and internships.
10. CSIR/NET coaching.
11. Journal club to discuss research papers.
12. Gust lectures by experts from the field.