Psychology is one of the major subjects offered at the undergraduate level as part of the triple major programme. It is a three year full time course aimed at introducing students to the fundamental processes underlying human behavior and familiarize them with a few emerging fields and branches of psychology such as Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Industrial Psychology & Consumer Behaviour, Health Psychology and Positive Psychology. The course also includes two papers of Practical, Statistics and Group Research Projects. The course is part of PSENG (Psychology, Sociology, English) , PSECO (Psychology, Sociology, Economics), CEP (Communicative English, English, Psychology) , JPENG (Journalism , Psychology, English) and PEP (Performing Arts, English, Psychology).
The Course in Sociology which is part of the Triple Majors program aims to provide a systematic introduction to sociology. The course aims to provide a systematic introduction to sociology. It lays emphasis on the theoretical and methodological functions of Sociology. Equal importance is given to a systematic introduction to the sociological studies in India. Contributions of eminent Indian sociologists and substantial themes of Indian Society are included in the syllabus. The students are exposed to divergent perspectives with Sociology and acquire the necessary skills to understand various social phenomena through the perspectives of Sociology.
The course :
* Lays emphasis on the theoretical and methodological foundations of Sociology.
* Covers contributions of eminent Indian Sociologists and substantial themes of Indian Society are included in the syllabus.
The Department offers papers on Women’s Studies and Social Research methods. Students are offered a choice between two electives in the Fifth and the Sixth Semesters which will help them to choose the direction of study they would like to pursue further. The Electives offered in the III year BA are Analysis of Contemporary Social Issues and Study of Social Movements under Group A and Industrial Sociology and Sociology of Organization under Group B.
Literature is an important cultural product of a society or a nation. Hence, the study of literature offers insights into the worldviews of different societies. This course begins with traditional British literature to the present. The course also introduces students to other literatures namely American world, postcolonial and also the Indian literature in translation. The course also introduces students to interdisciplinary studies in culture and gender helping them to gain insights from other disciplines like history, anthropology, sociology etc
Kindly read through the Overview, Admission Guidelines, Eligibility, Selection Process, Fee Structure, Course Structure and other details given on the right hand side of this page before you could fill the application form.
- BA CEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communication and Media, English and Psychology
- BA JPEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Journalism, Psychology, English
- BA PSEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, English
- BA PSEco-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, Economics
- BA PEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Performing Arts, English, Psychology
- BA TEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre Studies, English and Psychology
- BA MPE-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music-Western Classical, Psychology, English
- Guidance and Counselling
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Introduction to Yoga
- Academic Enrichment
- Health Psychology
- Training and Development
- Stress Management
- Life skills
- Basic Forensic
- Introduction to Hypnosis
- Gender, Diversity and Social Transformation
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Advanced Forensic Psychology
- Team Building
- Creative Movement Therapy
- Developmental Disabilities
- Indian Portage on early childhood care and development
- Planning and Management of NGOS
- Planning and Managing Citizens charters
- Psychoanalytic Studies
- Cognition and Neuropsychology
- Therapeutic Community