Tripple Major (JPEng)
A unique blend of three domains studied for a duration of three years allowing students to get a commendable insight into the respective fields and offers an opportunity to the students to enrich their learning curve.
The beauty and speciality of the triple major is the weightage the other two subjects offer to the students. While English strengthens the language skills- written and spoken-Psychology instills in students the prowess and acumen required to understand human behaviour; enabling students to become enlightened and capable media professionals.
The Journalism course is aimed at giving the students more than just an overview of the subject; it intends to make the students ready for a career in print journalism and related areas. There will be eight core papers in journalism, covering a broad spectrum of areas of journalism and mass communication. It also will have a parallel set of certificate courses aimed at more specialized areas and skills. The theory papers will aim at making the student aware of the field. The practical and skill-based papers will go a long way in equipping them for the job. It is seen that a broad-based knowledge of the various subjects gives a journalist the perspective in understanding the issues and writing intelligently and in the proper context and right perspective for the lay readers.
Psychology is one of the major subjects offered at the undergraduate level as part of the triple major programme. It is a three year full time course aimed at introducing students to the fundamental processes underlying human behavior and familiarize them with a few emerging fields and branches of psychology such as Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Industrial Psychology & Consumer Behaviour, Health Psychology and Positive Psychology. The course also includes two papers of Practical, Statistics and Group Research Projects. The course is part of PSENG (Psychology, Sociology, English) , PSECO (Psychology, Sociology, Economics), CEP (Communicative English, English, Psychology) , JPENG (Journalism , Psychology, English) and PEP (Performing Arts, English, Psychology).
- English Studies
Literature is an important cultural product of a society or a nation. Hence, the study of literature offers insights into the worldviews of different societies. This course begins with traditional British literature to the present. The course also introduces students to other literatures namely American world, postcolonial and also the Indian literature in translation. The course also introduces students to interdisciplinary studies in culture and gender helping them to gain insights from other disciplines like history, anthropology, sociology etc
Objectives of JPEng
- To provide greater options while drawing strength via an interdisciplinary approach.
- To enhance students’ written skills through the added advantage of English.
- Help students get a better insight into human behaviour and thinking with the help of Psychology.
- The students of Journalism are exposed to different domains like print, broadcast and new media journalism and the syllabus is designed in such a way that students get hands on training in all the domains.
- Besides class room training students have to complete two internships, one in print and other in their area of interest.
Kindly read through the Overview, Admission Guidelines, Eligibility, Selection Process, Fee Structure, Course Structure and other details given on the right hand side of this page before you could fill the application form.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Educational Psychology
- MSc Psychology (HRDM) with MA in Business and Organizational Psychology [Steinbeis, Germany]
- Master of Science (MSc) in Behavioural Science
- Master of Science (MSc) in Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Science (MSc) in Psychology (HRDM)
- BA CEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communication and Media, English and Psychology
- BA JPEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Journalism, Psychology, English
- BA PSEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, English
- BA PSEco-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, Economics
- BA PEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Performing Arts, English, Psychology
- BA TEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre Studies, English and Psychology
- BA MPE-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music-Western Classical, Psychology, English
- Guidance and Counselling
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Introduction to Yoga
- Academic Enrichment
- Health Psychology
- Training and Development
- Stress Management
- Life skills
- Basic Forensic
- Introduction to Hypnosis
- Gender, Diversity and Social Transformation
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Advanced Forensic Psychology
- Team Building
- Creative Movement Therapy
- Developmental Disabilities
- Indian Portage on early childhood care and development
- Planning and Management of NGOS
- Planning and Managing Citizens charters
- Psychoanalytic Studies
- Cognition and Neuropsychology
- Therapeutic Community