- The student seminars organised for the BA Economics Honours and Masters students aim at enhancing the research and presentation skills of the students.
- The discussion forum, ‘Externality’ is meant to bring contemporary issues to the notice of students.
- The journal club is a forum for Masters students to discuss research articles based on their interest. The monthly issue of student newsletter provides the students a platform to bring out their ideas on various economic issues.
- The Department organises National Young Economist Competition every year for nurturing the research culture among undergraduate students across the country.
- The Department takes initiatives in organising interdisciplinary research paper presentations for students at the master’s level.
- The Department organises various other programmes including class activities and an Intercollegiate Economics fest.