BCOM (International Finance) focuses on the areas of accounting and financial analysis. With this unique blend, the programme enables students to propel their careers as wealth creators and managers both in corporate and merchant banking domains. The programme, with an underlying focus on ethical code of professional conduct, strives to create meaningful and thoroughbred finance professionals. With a comprehensive understanding of international laws and financial reporting standards, BCOM (International Finance) students can seamlessly fit into and effectively contribute in international work environments too. As forward thinking and trustworthy business partners, BCOM (International Finance) students are well equipped to serve global organizations and society at large.
1. To create professionals with global mindset and with advanced knowledge in accounting and finance occupying strategic positions in the industry in the areas of Accounting, Taxation, Finance and wealth management in different sectors
2. To be conversant with the broad legal and regulatory framework governing international business activity.
3. To equip the students to evaluate macro-economic factors and environmental factors that influence business operation with strong conceptual understanding of preparation and interpretation of financial statements.
4. To create strong, globally recognized professionals with unique blend of accounting and finance proficiency.
5. To provide an environment that fosters continuous student interaction with Industry professionals in order to accelerate their learning and enable them to be industry-ready on completing the programme.
6. To introduce and develop research culture amongst students and to equip them with research skills necessary to conduct a structured and systematic research.
7. Sensitize students towards ethical issues arising out of business and society interface.
On completion of BCOM (IF), a student would be in a position to:
1. Apply accounting principles and standards (US GAAP and IFRS) in a corporate set up.
2. Enable organizations to comply with global tax regulations and advise in respect of tax structuring of entities (parent and subsidiary etc.)
3. Provide independent and objective opinion in respect of the true and fair presentation of financial statements of organizations as independent observers
4. Offer advisory services in respect of effectiveness and efficiency of Internal Controls and monitoring of enterprise risk management procedures and suggest improvements as internal auditors
5. Discuss the broad legal and regulatory framework governing international business environment
6. Identify and consider various ethical and social concerns arising out of commercial operations.
7. Apply ethical and corporate governance standards for monitoring the functioning of corporate organisations.
8. Apply accounting and finance theories and principles through active academia-corporate interface
9. Identify and consider various ethical and social concerns arising out of commercial operations.
10.Apply the research skills and conduct independent research in in areas of financial instruments and markets and thereby monitor and forecast future trends.
a) BCOM (International Finance) with specialization in international accounting, auditing and finance is proposed with a view to create talents of competency to handle theory and practice of the subject which will be of immense value to accounting firms and large business undertakings with substantial global exposure and also for pursuit of higher education.
The programme is finalized with reference to the:
(i) CSO (Content Specification Outline) of the Uniform CPA (Certified Public Accountant) Examinations conducted by the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants), USA.
(ii) CBOK (Candidate Body of Knowledge) for the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Level 1 exams conducted by the CFA Institute, USA.
b) Employability skill enhancement courses like Advanced Excel, Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Python and Portfolio Management
c) Academicians and CFA, CPA and/or CA qualified faculty members enable easier and comprehensive coverage of the curriculum
d) Differential placement and internship opportunities
e) Duration : 3 years / 6 semesters f) Timings : 06:30 am onwards
Success Stories :
Back in 2016, when about 50 of us decided to join the BCOM (International Finance) programme at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) little did we know that it would be the turning point in the lives of so many of us.
- Fee Structure 2020
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Important Dates for Selection Process
- Admission for International Student Category
- Admission for NRI Student Category
- Admission Process
- Miscellaneous Information
- Centre Details for Selection Process
- Syllabus(Academic Year-2019)