Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a post-graduate programme of CHRIST (Deemed to be University) and approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). It is a three-year programme spread over six semesters to bridge the chasm between computer studies and applications bringing within reach of enthusiastic youngsters an excellent group of experienced and dedicated staff and experts, and an enviable infrastructure.
MCA at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) strives to shape outstanding computer professionals with ethical and human values to reshape nation’s destiny. The training programme aims to prepare young minds for the challenging opportunities in the IT industry with a global awareness rooted in the Indian soil, nourished and supported by experts in the field. The Department is committed to the motto “Excellence and Service” and this philosophy pervades every aspect of its functioning.
This programme is conceptualised and designed based on the strong commitment of the department to provide better quality education to the students. The principal objectives of this course are to:
• Heighten technological awareness
• Train future industry specialists
• Encourage effective software development
• Provide research training
• Involve students in innovative research
• Produce graduates with a three-year professional education in Computer Science with technical, professional, and communications skills.
- CS01 - Programming in C
- CS02 - Introduction to Computers and Computer Programming
- CS03 - Introduction to MS-Office Packages
- CS04 - Web Designing Using HTML, PHP and MySQL
- CS05 - Graphic Designing
- CS06 - Unix Operating System
- CS07 - Introduction to Database Management System
- CS08 - Management Information System (MIS)
- CS09 - Advanced Java Programming