The Bachelors in Performing Arts is envisioned for students who have a flair for dance, music and theatre and are looking for structured intervention at the UG level. The programme hopes to give a strong platform for our students to develop a passion for the arts, sharpen their artistic skills and broaden their theoretical base. While the focus will be predominantly within the parameters of dance, music and theatre, other art forms would act as subsidiaries under this three-dimensional approach.
The primary aim of the programme is not to make students experts in one art form or the other, but introduce them to the possibilities with art and to help them get an integrated sense of art. It is desirable that every students continues to work under an artist/group in one art form or the other outside curriculum, towards long term development.
As of now, the Performing Arts papers will function alongside of English and Psychology as a part of a triple-major combination. This combination will hopefully give linguistic, literary and psychological insights to the students.
Since there is scope for accommodating only one paper from all the three fields in each of the first two semesters, the second year is conceptualized in a form where the students can choose an area of specialization in one of the three art forms- dance, music or theatre, through the elective option. However, they need to stick on to the same specialized area till the last semester. In the third year, they shall have two papers per semester in their specialized area to give them a deeper understanding of the subject.
Kindly read through the Overview, Admission Guidelines, Eligibility, Selection Process, Fee Structure, Course Structure and other details given on the right hand side of this page before you could fill the application form.
- Master of Arts (MA) in Educational Psychology
- MSc Psychology (HRDM) with MA in Business and Organizational Psychology [Steinbeis, Germany]
- Master of Science (MSc) in Behavioural Science
- Master of Science (MSc) in Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Science (MSc) in Psychology (HRDM)
- BA CEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communication and Media, English and Psychology
- BA JPEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Journalism, Psychology, English
- BA PSEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, English
- BA PSEco-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, Economics
- BA PEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Performing Arts, English, Psychology
- BA TEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre Studies, English and Psychology
- BA MPE-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music-Western Classical, Psychology, English
- Guidance and Counselling
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Introduction to Yoga
- Academic Enrichment
- Health Psychology
- Training and Development
- Stress Management
- Life skills
- Basic Forensic
- Introduction to Hypnosis
- Gender, Diversity and Social Transformation
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Advanced Forensic Psychology
- Team Building
- Creative Movement Therapy
- Developmental Disabilities
- Indian Portage on early childhood care and development
- Planning and Management of NGOS
- Planning and Managing Citizens charters
- Psychoanalytic Studies
- Cognition and Neuropsychology
- Therapeutic Community