CHRIST (Deemed to be University) introduced the BCom (Hons) programme to its basket of contemporary and progressive programmes, in June 2010. This programme caters to commerce aspirants who desire to build their professional competence on a higher plateau with specialized knowledge in the field of Business and Commerce. The BCom (Hons) programme of CHRIST (Deemed to be University) is a three year degree programme divided into six semesters. It includes 24 core courses. 2 generic elective out of 6 courses. 6 disciple specific electives out of 12 courses, 5 skill enhancement courses besides the English & Language courses offered in first and second semesters. Finance and Investment Banking and Insurance Electives are offered in the fifth and the sixth semesters. The programme includes NGO project, summer internships project, research work, viva and inter-disciplinary open elective and generic elective courses. The curriculum is duly developed considering the desired level of knowledge exposure in the context of ever changing environment in global business.
Programme Objectives of BCom (Hons)
1. To provide advanced knowledge in Commerce.
2. To develop competency in students to pursue higher level programmes such as CA, ICWA, ACS, MBA or other Masters Programmes in Commerce / Management.
3. To pursue a professional career and/or furthering higher education in the specified areas of specialization.
4. To enhance employability and to be able to take up challenging job assignments.
5. To nurture the students in intellectual, personal, interpersonal and societal skills with a focus on Holistic Education
- Contemporary curriculum that bridges the gap between theory and practice.
- 4-6 weeks of summer internship project
- Research work & Viva
- Two Compulsory inter-disciplinary certificate programs.
- 2 compulsory inter disciplinary generic elective courses
- Regular current affairs sessions
- Guest Lectures by Industry experts, Academicians on pertinent topics.
- Industrial Visits
- club activities
- NGO projects
- Mandatory CISI module certification for Finance and Investment Elective students
- Mandatory IIBF and III certification for Banking and Insurance Elective students.
- Strategic partnership with IMA (US), Wiley & Miles Education to create a talented pool of young CMA’s.
- The BCom programme gives a total of 152 credits at the end of three years.
- Opportunity for a one semester student exchange program in the USA / France /Netherlands (specified universities)
- Weekly activities and competitions by the CHRIST (Deemed to be University) Commerce Association (CUCA) to kindle interests in different disciplines of commerce (HR, PR, Marketing, Entrepreneurial Development, Finance. Best Manager Etc.
- The CHRIST (Deemed to be University) Festing Association gives interested students an opportunity to represent the department in in station and outstation fests organized by other colleges.
- CIA based Entrepreneurship- skill enhancement course
Regular classroom lectures shall be accompanied by any other method, which the instructors find suitable to deliver better learning. Some of the methods used are:-
Group discussions & Peer learning
Seminars and Presentations
Current Affairs Sessions relevant to the topic etc.
Usage of ICT like MOODLE, Goolge Classroom, Kahoot and others
Compulsory service learning and self learning module
Field study reports
Assessment of Class Participation in case studies and discussions.
Any other appropriate method identified by the instructor that would ensure objective assessment of the student performance.
- Fee Structure 2018
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Important Dates for Selection Process
- Centre details for Selection Process
- Admission for International Student Category
- Admission for NRI Student Category
- Admission Process
- Miscellaneous Information
- Syllabus(Academic Year-2018)