CHRIST (Deemed to be University) introduced the BCom (Hons) programme to its basket of contemporary and progressive programmes, in June 2010. This programme caters to commerce aspirants who desire to build their professional competence on a higher plateau with specialized knowledge in the field of Business and Commerce. The BCom (Hons) programme of CHRIST (Deemed to be University) is a three year degree programme divided into six semesters. The programme includes internships, research project, viva and inter-disciplinary certificate courses. The curriculum is duly developed considering the desired level of knowledge exposure in the context of ever the changing environment in global business.
Programme Objectives of BCom (Hons)
1. To provide advanced knowledge in Commerce.
2. To develop competency in students to pursue higher level programmes such as CA, ICWA, ACS, MBA or other Masters Programmes in Commerce / Management.
3. To pursue a professional career and/or furthering higher education in the specified areas of specialization.
4. To enhance employability and to be able to take up challenging job assignments.
5. To nurture the students in intellectual, personal, interpersonal and societal skills with a focus on Holistic Education
- Contemporary curriculum that bridges the gap between theory and practice.
- Six weeks Internship
- Research project & Viva
- Two Compulsory inter-disciplinary certificate programs.
- CSA related project
- Regular current affairs sessions
- Guest Lectures by Industry experts, Academicians on pertinent topics.
- Industrial Visits
- Association Programmes on a regular basis.
- NGO projects
- Mandatory CISI module certification for Finance and Investment Elective students
- Mandatory IIBF and III certification for Banking and Insurance Elective students.
- Strategic partnership with IMA (US), Wiley & Miles Education to create a talented pool of young CMA’s.
- The BCom programme gives a total of 152 credits at the end of three years.
- Opportunity for a one semester student exchange program in the USA / France /Netherlands (specified universities)
- Weekly activities and competitions by the CHRIST (Deemed to be University) Commerce Association (CUCA) to kindle interests in different disciples of commerce (HR, PR, Marketing, Entrepreneurial Development, Finance. Best Manager Etc.
- The CHRIST (Deemed to be University) Festing Association gives interested students an opportunity to represent the department in in station and outstation fests organized by other colleges.
Regular classroom lectures shall be accompanied by any other method, which the instructors find suitable to deliver better learning. Some of the methods used are:-
Group discussions & Peer learning
Seminars and Presentations
Current Affairs Sessions relevant to the topic etc.
Field study reports
Assessment of Class Participation in case studies and discussions.
Any other appropriate method identified by the instructor that would ensure objective assessment of the student performance.