The course is structured to impart analytical skills and intellectual maturity to comprehend the complexities in the working of the economy. It provides a theoretical basis in economic theory and is further supplemented by practical applications of the same.
The discipline aims at imparting knowledge of indispensable political institutions, concepts and ideals. The course enables an individual to learn the art of government and administration. The course will give an idea about how a nation is governed, helps to understand on how to interpret and analyze political systems. It also incorporates the study of historical and modern political system, governance, public administration, governmental policies, international relations and public affairs
The course aims to provide a systematic introduction to Sociology. It lays emphasis on the theoretical and methodological functions of Sociology. Equal importance is given to a systematic introduction to the sociological studies in India. Contributions of eminent Indian sociologists and substantial themes of Indian Society are included in the syllabus. The students are exposed to divergent perspectives with Sociology and acquire the necessary skills to understand various social phenomena through the perspectives of Sociology.
Kindly read through the Overview, Admission Guidelines, Eligibility, Selection Process, Fee Structure, Course Structure and other details given on the left hand side of this page before you could fill the application form.
- BA EPS-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics, Political Science, Sociology
- BA HEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in History, Economics, Political Science
- BSc EMS-Bachelor of Science (BSc) Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
- BA PSEco-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, Economics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics, Media Studies, Political Science - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Economics - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus