BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (FINANCE AND ACCOUNTANCY)
B Com (Finance and Accountancy) programme aims to nurture auditing and taxation professionals who become change agents in advising the corporate and thereby bring in higher standards in corporate governance and due diligence for sustainable socio-economic growth of the nation.
1. To nurture Auditing and taxation Professionals who will become torch bearers of honesty and integrity and support business world to ensure sustainable socio economic growth of the country
2. To provide a strong foundation level understanding of the functioning of business organizations, commercial transactions and of various specialized operations such as accounting, finance and marketing by offering a comprehensive curriculum.
3. To develop necessary professional knowledge and skills in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, HR, Taxation, etc. by adopting learner centered pedagogical practices.
4. To enhance employability to be able to take up challenging job assignments like CA
5. To nurture the students in intellectual, personal, interpersonal and societal skills with a bent on Holistic Education.
Students will be able to:
1. Discuss the concepts of Auditing and taxation and the other areas of Commerce
2. Analyze financial statements to interpret organizational efficiency
3. Apply critical thinking skills by identifying and analyzing accounting issues using the relevant accounting framework.
4. Analyze, interpret and apply concepts of Financial, Cost and Management Accounting for business decision-making
5. Execute the best practices of Accounting, taxation and Auditing
6. Exhibit the knowledge of entrepreneurial qualities and explore entrepreneurial opportunities
7. Work effectively and professionally in teams
8. Analyze and evaluate ethical problems that occur at all levels of business decision making
- B Com F&A students have the privilege of pursuing the UG programme along with the Articleship required to complete CA due to the unique timings
- Practicing professionals and academicians as faculty members enable easier and comprehensive coverage of the curriculum
- Students of the programme receive in-house training for CPT & IPCE in the form of mandatory credit based Additional Discipline Specific Electives (ADSE).
- Students are required to undertake a Research Project during the sixth semester
- The B Com curriculum is also mapped with CPT/Foundation & IPCE/ Intermediate requirements. Hence the programme seamlessly blends B Com curriculum and CA curriculum that have resulted in spectacular performances in CA exams.
Duration : 3 years / 6 semesters
Timings: 06:30 am onwards