B Com (Finance and Accountancy) programme aims to nurture auditing and taxation professionals who become change agents in advising the corporate and thereby bring in higher standards in corporate governance and due diligence for sustainable socio-economic growth of the nation.
- To cater exclusively to students wishing to pursue Chartered Accountancy course
- To provide a strong foundation level understanding of the functioning of business organizations, commercial transactions and of various specialized operations such as accounting, finance and marketing by offering a comprehensive curriculum.
- To develop necessary professional knowledge and skills in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, HR and Taxation by adopting learner centered pedagogical practices.
- To nurture the students in intellectual, personal, interpersonal and societal skills with a bent on Holistic Education.
- B Com F&A students have the privilege of pursuing the UG programme along with the Articleship required to complete CA due to the unique timings
- Practicing professionals and academicians as faculty members enable easier and comprehensive coverage of the curriculum
- Students of the programme receive in-house training for CPT & IPCE in the form of mandatory credit based Additional Discipline Specific Electives (ADSE).
- Students are required to undertake a Research Project during the sixth semester
- The B Com curriculum is also mapped with CPT/Foundation & IPCE/ Intermediate requirements. Hence the programme seamlessly blends B Com curriculum and CA curriculum that have resulted in spectacular performances in CA exams.
Duration : 3 years / 6 semesters
Timings: 06:30 am onwards