Established in the year 2002 as Centre for Career Advancement (CCA)and upgraded to Department of Professional Studies (DPS) in 2007. The Department offers some of the most unique and specialized programmes in the field of commerce and management.
• Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance and Accountancy) – Integrated with ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants has accorded 9 paper exemptions)
• Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Accountancy) – Facilitates CPT and IPCC of CA exam
• Bachelor of Commerce (Professional) – Integrated with CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants has accorded 10 paper exemptions)
• Bachelor of Commerce (International Finance) Syllabus mapped with CPA (first four semesters) and CFA Level 1(fifth and sixth semesters)
• B Com (Morning Track)
• Master of Business Administration (Leadership and Management)
specialization in Education Management/ Corporate Social Responsibility/ Healthcare Management/Entrepreneurship
Master of Science (Strategic Management)
To develop into a centre of excellence in education, training and research in the field of commerce and management.
The Department of Professional Studies was established in the year 2002 as Centre for Career Advancement (CCA), and later upgraded to Department of Professional Studies in 2007.The department offers some of the most unique and specialized programmes in the field of commerce and management. The Department also supports the M Sc Actuarial Science programme for the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
The undergraduate programmes of the department are benchmarked with international professional bodies through a meticulous mapping of the curriculum and innovative evaluation patterns. The department also aims at professional training for wider career opportunities. This is achieved through student centric value addition courses like Discipline Specific Electives that augment core competencies for CS, Insurance and CA and Employability skill enhancement certifications like Six Sigma, Advanced Excel and Portfolio Management. These additional courses along with academic degrees equip the students to meet the challenges and prospects of contemporary academia and the corporate sector enabling differential placements.
All courses of the department are conducted by a dedicated team of academicians and highly qualified practicing professionals. To foster holistic development regular Soft Skills development sessions are a compulsory component of every programme of the department and are designed to make the students excel in soft skills, team work, communication, public speaking, debates and general knowledge.