- Research Code of Ethics
- Research Activities
Research, Consultancy and Extension:
Research in emerging areas such as Fluid Mechanics, Graph Theory, Differential Geometry, Number theory, Operation Research, Regression Analysis and Time series and forecasting techniques is a significant feature of the department. Added to that, faculty is engaged in collaborative research with eminent scholars from other universities across the world. There have been 4 minor projects of Rs. 60,000 each and two major projects of worth of Rs. 20 lakhs have been funded by the University. Faculty has been very active in publishing their research findings in the form of publications, with more than 230 publications in reputed national/international journals. All together, there have been more than 80 presentations from faculty members. 7 National level conferences, 1 International level conference and 7 Collaborative workshops with three Science Academies have been organized by the department. Faculty members are resource persons, empanelled guides and members of various professional bodies. Statistical consultancy is also offered by the department.
• Dr S Pranesh has h-index and i10-index of 9 each according to Google scholar. His name is also reflected in the 8th edition of Who’s Who in Science and Engineering.
• Dr B Mahanthesh has h-index 16 and i10-index 21 along with more than 750 citations according to Google scholar. He also has total of 361 citations from 43 documents according to the Scopus.
• Dr N K Sudev has h-index 10 and i10-index 13 with more than 430 total citations according to Google scholar. He also has 13 documents in Scopus.
• Dr Fr Joseph Varghese has more than 2500 Research Gate reads for his research.
• Every Wednesday (Research day), the faculty members are made free from regular classes to intensify the research work. Department also regularly conducts research meeting for instance, every third Sunday research meeting has been held past three years and every second Saturday discussion of graph theory research work has been held from this academic year for faculty, students including external recourse persons.