The PCM program at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) emphasizes on making the students understand the structural and functional basis of the universe. The program aims to launch students to higher learning in physical, mathematical and chemical sciences and contribute to the welfare of the society. It is designed to help the students to understand the importance of chemicals, chemical industries and the role of these in improving the quality of human life. It also helps the students to recognize and appreciate the contribution of great scientists in the field of physics, chemistry and mathematics.
On successful completions of the BSc Programme students will be able to
PO1. Understand and apply the fundamental principles, concepts and methods in key areas of science and multidisciplinary fields
PO2. Demonstrate problem solving, analytical and logical skills to provide solutions for the scientific requirements
PO3. Develop the critical thinking with scientific temper
PO4. Communicate the subject effectively
PO5. Understand the importance and judicious use of technology for the sustainable growth of mankind in synergy with nature
PO6. Understand the professional, ethical and social responsibilities
PO7. Enhance the research culture and uphold the scientific integrity and objectivity
PO8. Engage in continuous reflective learning in the context of technological and scientific advancements
Programme Specific Outcome
On successful completions of the BSc PCM Programme students will be able to
PSO1. Demonstrate the problem solving skills in mathematical and physical sciences.
PSO2. Express proficiency in oral and written communications to appreciate innovation in research.
PSO3. Use software effectively for mathematical modelling.
PSO4. Understand the impact of chemicals in societal and environmental contexts.
PSO5. Develop industry-focused skills to lead a successful career.
1. Approaching the subject from theoretical and practical points of view.
2. Opportunity to attend seminars, workshops etc.
3. Extra-curricular activities for peer interaction, growth of organizational skills and personality development.
4. Well-equipped and spacious laboratories.
5. Well qualified and experienced staff.
6. Industrial collaboration/training.
7. Placement opportunities.
8. Good library and internet facilities.
9. Industrial /Institutional projects.
10. CSIR/NET coaching.
11. Journal club to discuss research papers.
12. Gust lectures by experts from the field.
- BSc CME-Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Sc, Maths, Electronics
- BSc CMS-Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Sc, Maths, Statistics
- BSc EMS-Bachelor of Science (BSc) Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
- BSc PCM-Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Physics, Chemistry, Maths
- BSc PME-Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Physics, Maths, Electronics