CS11 Programming in Core Java
Teaching Hours : 60 [ 30 hours Theory + 30 hours LAB ]
Prerequisite: Knowledge of any Object Oriented Programming language.
Unit 1-Introduction to Java
History, Features of Java Data Types, Variable, Operators, Java Programming structure, . Control Structures , Arrays-One Dimensional array, Two Dimensional array.
Unit 2-Classes and methods
Class fundamentals, declaring objects, Access modifiers – final, static, abstract, native.
Introduction to methods, constructors, command line arguments.
Unit 3-Packages :Built in and user defined
Input/output File handling, Exploring Java IO Byte oriented classes and character oriented
classes. Defining package, importing packages, creating user defined packages, packages in Java. String handling.
Unit 4-Exception handling
Exceptions Fundamentals of exception, Exception types, using try & catch, multiple catch,
nested try, throw, finally, built-in exception, user defined exceptions.
Unit 5-Introduction to Applets and AWT
Applets,AWT - Working with windows, Graphics, & text – Using AWT controls, Layout Managers
1. R.Nageswara Rao, CORE JAVA An Integrated Approach, , Dreamtech Press, 2008 Edition.
1. Naughton, Patric & Schildt, Herbert. Java 2 Complete Reference. 3rd Edition. TMH. Stephen Potts, Alex Pstrikov, 2011 edition.
1. Write a program to sort a list of n numbers.
2. Write a program to reverse a String.
3. Write a program to check whether a String is palindrome or not.
4. Write a program to implement methods in String class.
5. Write a program to implement methods in Math class.
6. Write a program to implement the concept of inheritance.
7. Write a program to implement the concept of dynamic array.
8. Write a program to create object for Linked List and use all methods.
9. Write a program to create object for Stack and use all methods.
10. Write a program to execute any Windows application (Like notepad calculator etc).
11. Write a program to create a tiny text editor.
12. Use String Tokenizer class to split a string into tokens.
13. Create an Applet program to display some message on the screen.
14. Write an Applet with a Text Field in which the user will be allowed to enter only numbers.
15. Write an applet with a canvas and a label on it. Whenever the mouse moves on it coordinates are displayed in the center of the canvas and on the label.
- CS01 - Programming in C
- CS02 - Introduction to Computers and Computer Programming
- CS03 - Introduction to MS-Office Packages
- CS04 - Web Designing Using HTML, PHP and MySQL
- CS05 - Graphic Designing
- CS06 - Unix Operating System
- CS07 - Introduction to Database Management System
- CS08 - Management Information System (MIS)
- CS09 - Advanced Java Programming