CS04 Web Designing Using HTML, PHP and MySQL
Teaching Hours: 60 [30 hours Theory + 30 hours LAB]
Prerequisite: Any background
Basic HTML tags- HTML, HEAD, BODY, TITLE, Paragraphs, Headings, Line Breaks, Dividers- P, H1, …H6, BR, HR, Character Entity References- Quotes, ampersands, angle brackets, and non-breaking spaces Lists- OL, UL, DL, Formatting-URL and Paths, Images- IMG, Hyperlinks, Table-TABLE, TR, TD, TH, Form-FORM, INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT, OPTION, Frames-FRAMESET, FRAME
Unit-2: PHP Basic
Writing PHP scripts - Writing PHP scripts, learn about PHP code structure, how to write and execute a simple PHP script and to add comments within your code.
Variables and Data Types- Learn about Variables, values and Data Types in PHP: boolean, integer, float, string, array, object, Resource, null.
Numbers and mathematical Operators- Introducing Numbers and mathematical 0perators, some PHP functions for more complex operations with numbers.
PHP Strings- Working with strings, using simple and double quotes, escaping quotes and other characters, concatenating strings, some functions for strings.
Constants- Introducing Constants, syntax for defining constants, differences between variables and defined constants.
PHP Error Handling and Debugging-Error Handling, debugging and trigger errors and how to adjust the level of error reporting, handling exceptions.
If ... Else conditionals, Comparative and Logical operators - Make PHP script takes decisions with If, Else, Elseif conditional statements. Compare two values with Comparative and Logical operators. The ternary operator.
Unit-3: Using HTML Forms
Using HTML Forms, PHP form handling, get data sent from form fields through GET and POST method, form validation.
$_GET, $_POST Variables - How to send data with get and post methods to a PHP script and access it with superglobal $_GET, $_POST variables.
Switch ... Case ... - PHP MySQL course - Switch ... Case ... conditional statement, switch with break and default instructions.
While Loops - Using While and Do Wile Loops. End the While loops with the break instruction. Syntax and examples.
For and For each Loops - Using for () and for each () Loops. End the "For" loops with the break instruction. Syntax and examples.
PHP Arrays - Creating Numeric (indexed) Arrays and Associative arrays. Accessing, modifying and traversing array elements.
Unit-4: My SQL Basic
PHP MySQL Introduction, Data Types - PHP MySQL Introduction, database structure, tables. MySQL naming rules, and columns data types.
PHP MySQL - INSERT INTO - Insert data in MySQL table, INSERT INTO query. Insert data from a form into a database.
PHP MySQL - SELECT, ORDER BY - Retrieve and display data from a MySQL table, SELECT SQL command. Determine the number of records. Sort query results with ORDER BY clause (ASC and DESC).
PHP MySQL - WHERE and LIKE - Selecting specific data from a database with the WHERE clause and Conditionals. Check for string matching with LIKE and NOT LIKE terms.
PHP MySQL – UPDATE - UPDATE query to edit / change existing records in MySQL table.
PHP MySQL – DELETE - The DELETE statement, used to entirely remove records from a database table.
- Powell, HTML & XHTM: The Complete Reference, 4th Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill Edition
- Steven Holzner, PHP: The Complete Reference, McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 2008
- Robin Nixon, Learning PHP, My SQL and Java Script, Kindle Edition, OReilly Media 2009.
1. Create a HTML page that will have the following:
Headers, Linking and Images.
2. Create a HTML page that will have the following:
Frames, Unordered Lists, Nested and ordered Lists
3. Create a HTML page that will have the following:
Tables and Formatting
4. Create a HTML page that will have the following:
Forms, Creating and Using Image Maps, <meta> Tags
5. Create a PHP page to store and retrieve the page hits in a text file
6. Create a Calculator using PHP
Create a PHP page to accept, store and display information using MySQL
- CS01 - Programming in C
- CS02 - Introduction to Computers and Computer Programming
- CS03 - Introduction to MS-Office Packages
- CS04 - Web Designing Using HTML, PHP and MySQL
- CS05 - Graphic Designing
- CS06 - Unix Operating System
- CS07 - Introduction to Database Management System
- CS08 - Management Information System (MIS)
- CS09 - Advanced Java Programming