CS02 - Introduction to Computers and Computer Programming
Teaching Hours: 60 [30 hours Theory + 30 hours LAB]
Prerequisite: Any group of students
Unit 1: Introduction to Computers
Evolution of Computers, Generation of Computers, Classification of Computers. Characteristics of Computers. Advantages of Computers. Block Diagram of a Digital Computer. Types of Programming Languages. Software - Classification of Software. Structured Programming. Algorithms and Flowcharts with Examples. Programming Logic.
Unit 2: Introduction to C
Types of Programming Language- History of C, Features of C , C Tokens, variables and keywords and identifiers ,Types of C constants and variables, Rules for constructing variable names, Structure of C program, Input /output statements in C
Unit 3: Data types
Data Types, Type declaration, Different Operators in C-Arithmetic, Logical, Relational, Bitwise, Conditional, Expressions, Hierarchy of operations.
Decision control statements-if, switch, go to statement, conditional operator statement. Loop control structures- while, do-while, for loop, Break statement, Continue statement.
Unit 4: Functions
Introduction, function definition and prototyping, Types of functions, passing values to function, recursion, passing arrays to functions. I/O functions- formatted & unformatted console I/O functions.
Unit 5: Arrays
One dimensional and multidimensional array, Declaration, initialization, Reading values into an array, Displaying array contents and Array Manipulations. String-Basic Concepts, Library Functions.
1. Balagurusamy, E. Programming in ANSI C 4th Edition. Tata McGraw-Hill
Reference Book :
1. Kanetkar, Yashavant. Let Us C. 4th Edition. BPB Publications.
1) Write a program to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius.
2) To demonstrate the usage of unformatted and formatted I/O statements in C
3) Write a program to check whether the given number is a even or odd
4) Write a program to print exponentiation of any two given numbers
5) Write a program to print all the 3 digit Armstrong numbers
6) Write a program to count number of words in a line of text.
7) Write a program to calculate the Fibonacci of a given number using function
8) Write a program to find the length of the string
9) Write a function to swap two numbers using pointers
- CS01 - Programming in C
- CS02 - Introduction to Computers and Computer Programming
- CS03 - Introduction to MS-Office Packages
- CS04 - Web Designing Using HTML, PHP and MySQL
- CS05 - Graphic Designing
- CS06 - Unix Operating System
- CS07 - Introduction to Database Management System
- CS08 - Management Information System (MIS)
- CS09 - Advanced Java Programming