The MA Economics programme aims to form students with deep knowledge of economic theory and skill in empirical methodology to form ethically well-grounded students with ability for incisive reasoning. The programme seeks to strike a sound balance between theory and application along with an interdisciplinary dimension without diminishing the focus on Economics. This approach is meant to help students face the dynamic challenges in terms of academics and the market. In line with this approach the programme has a combination of courses related to economic theory, methodology and two streams of specialisations which, on the one hand meet the needs of corporate employment and on the other create the ability of applying economic theory to development problems of the country. More specifically students will be equipped to take up careers in academics, business consulting and analytics, civil society and activist organisations, the public sector and international civil services.
Evening : 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- BA EPS-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics, Political Science, Sociology
- BA HEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in History, Economics, Political Science
- BSc EMS-Bachelor of Science (BSc) Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
- BA PSEco-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, Economics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics, Media Studies, Political Science - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Economics - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus