A one year programme offered by CHRIST (Deemed to be University)
in collaboration with Enfold Proactive Trust
Programme Description :
Diploma in Psychology ((Life Skills,Sexuality & Personal Safety Education) and Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology ((Life Skills,Sexuality & Personal Safety Education) pro-grammes are aimed at giving students sound theoretical background in Life Skills, sexuality and reproductive health along with practical experience in conducting sessions in life skills and per-sonal safety .The programmes are being offered to all individuals in the community who may be interested in learning these skills for both personal and professional use.
Program Objectives :
The students will be able to
• Enhance their self esteem, and skills required to build nurturing relationships and lead creative, fulfilling lives.
• Share their knowledge on gender, sexuality, reproductive rights and responsibilities, the-reby participating in building a safe and compassionate society
• Diagnose problems, generate, and choose between multiple solutions, and evaluate out-comes in the area of reproductive health and personal safety.
Learning Outcome: On successful completion of the programme requirements, the participants will utilize these skills in their lives for self-development as well as progress of the community they choose to work in.
Job Opportunities through the programmes :
• NGOs, Private and Government sector
• Initiate one’s own organization to work in the area of life skills, reproductive health and personal safety education.
Other Relevant Information
Programme Fees: Enquire at Christ University admissions Office or call 9916298826
For Admission: Download application form from Christ University website and submit in Counter 7 in the Office of Admissions, Ground Floor, Central Block, Christ University Main campus. Personal interviews will be scheduled and informed by the Office of Admissions.
Important Dates: Admissions open. Classes starts: 15th July 2018 to 15th March 2019
Time: 4:15 to 715: pm Monday to Thursday (Monday and Wednesday being contact days)
Holidays: As per Christ University academic calendar.
Venue:Christ University Main Campus
Faculty:Resource Persons from Enfold Proactive Trust including Dr S Saksena & Dr Shaibya Saldanha, both are Gynecologists, Co-authors ,On Track Workbooks on Life Skills and Safety for school students and other enfold faculty. External resource persons are from counselling cen-tres, Human development experts, educationists, community leaders, policy makers, lawyers dealing with sexual abuse, Doctors, Life Skills trainers, Theatre of the oppressed practitioners
About Enfold Proactive trust
Enfold Proactive Health Trust is a registered trust in Bengaluru, started in 2002. Its Vision is to ensure healthy, safe and self-expressed children living a life with dignity and supported by em-powered adults. Enfold’s mission is to inspire social transformation by empowering children and adults to make informed choices through value-based education in life skills, sexuality and per-sonal safety. To date Enfold has reached a large number children, adolescents (class I-XII), teachers, parents, police personnel, Doctors and social workers in over 20 cities and towns in In-dia. Enfold is currently working with the Government of Karnataka and UNICEF to set up Col-laborative Child Response Units in hospitals to cater to the needs of children who have suffered sexual abuse.
- BA CEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communication and Media, English and Psychology
- BA JPEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Journalism, Psychology, English
- BA PSEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, English
- BA PSEco-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, Economics
- BA PEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Performing Arts, English, Psychology
- BA TEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre Studies, English and Psychology
- BA MPE-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music-Western Classical, Psychology, English
- Guidance and Counselling
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Introduction to Yoga
- Academic Enrichment
- Health Psychology
- Training and Development
- Stress Management
- Life skills
- Basic Forensic
- Introduction to Hypnosis
- Gender, Diversity and Social Transformation
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Advanced Forensic Psychology
- Team Building
- Creative Movement Therapy
- Developmental Disabilities
- Indian Portage on early childhood care and development
- Planning and Management of NGOS
- Planning and Managing Citizens charters
- Psychoanalytic Studies
- Cognition and Neuropsychology
- Therapeutic Community