Number of Hours: 45 (15 hours of theory and 30 hours of practicum)
Number of Credits: 2
Maximum Intake: 40
Eligibility: Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of Psychology (Optional)
Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of Non- Psychology students (Mandatory)
The purpose of this course is to explore the meaning of Developmental Disabilities from an empowerment model. To that end:
• The student will consider definitions and aspects of a variety of developmental disabilities, in order to understand the socially-conferred status of the label.
• The student will identify how attitudes and beliefs about individuals with developmental disabilities have evolved throughout history, as well as consider the current society attitudes toward developmental disabilities.
• The student will identify and consider issues that occur throughout the life span of individuals with developmental disabilities.
• The student will identify and discuss ethical issues that influence individuals with developmental disabilities throughout the life span.
In addition the role of NGOS, governmental bodies and RCI including major policies such as PWD, Inclusive and integrated education will be discussed.
- BA CEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communication and Media, English and Psychology
- BA JPEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Journalism, Psychology, English
- BA PSEng-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, English
- BA PSEco-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Sociology, Economics
- BA PEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Performing Arts, English, Psychology
- BA TEP-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre Studies, English and Psychology
- BA MPE-Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music-Western Classical, Psychology, English
- Guidance and Counselling
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Introduction to Yoga
- Academic Enrichment
- Health Psychology
- Training and Development
- Stress Management
- Life skills
- Basic Forensic
- Introduction to Hypnosis
- Gender, Diversity and Social Transformation
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Advanced Forensic Psychology
- Team Building
- Creative Movement Therapy
- Developmental Disabilities
- Indian Portage on early childhood care and development
- Planning and Management of NGOS
- Planning and Managing Citizens charters
- Psychoanalytic Studies
- Cognition and Neuropsychology
- Therapeutic Community