INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATIONS – French and German (DELF A1 & A2) are offered by Alliance Française de Bangalore and Goethe Institut, Bangalore, respectively. Each batch requires an intake of 15 (min) and 25 (max) students to run the course.
The German Language course follows the syllabus followed by the Goethe Institut, Max Mueller Bhavan.
• Greeting and saying goodbye, introducing yourself and others, talking about yourself and others, Numbers, telephone numbers and mail-addresses, the alphabet (spelling), countries and languages, question words, sentences, verbs and personal pronouns.
• Hobbies, meeting friends, Weekdays, months and seasons, work and working times, Articles, verbs, Yes/ no questions, Plurals, The verbs “to have” and “to be”.
• Places in the city, asking for directions, Means of transport, imperative sentences
• Ordering food and drinks, Word position in sentence, accusative case
• Telling time and organizing meetings, Family, Possessive articles, Modal verbs
• Making plans, Birthday invitations, In Restaurants, Finding information in a text, Event tips in the radio, leisure activities, Simple Past tense (to have and to be)
• Around the house, describing the position of things, Living forms, stating likes and dislikes
• Describing the daily routine, talk about the past, job vacancies, making phone calls, perfect and participle of verbs
• Clothes, Orientation in a department store, Information about Berlin
• Personal information, Parts of the body, Personal hygiene, Sport, visit to a doctor, Health tips, Illness and medicine
• Holidays and vacations, writing a post card, Weather, Travel reports, staying in a hotel, Places of interest.
• Can understand and use familiar, everyday expressions and very simple sentences, which relate to the satisfying of concrete needs.
• Can introduce yourself and others as well as ask others about themselves – e.g. where they live, whom they know and what they own – and can respond to questions of this nature.
• Can communicate in a simple manner if the person they are speaking to speaks slowly and clearly and is willing to help.