Information Technology is a 2 year, 4 semester Post graduate program aimed at studying, designing, developing, implementing, support and management of computer-based information systems. Students under this course concentrate on both software and hardware areas. It provides advanced studies in Information Systems Design, Communication Systems and Networking, Foundations of Computing Systems, and Internet and Web-based Technologies. Students have to take up electives from a wide choice of subjects, such as Embedded Low Power Systems, Object Oriented Systems, Information and System Security and Software Reliability.This course emphases on to develop the necessary skills for the students to sustain in today’s industrial expectation, in pursuit of excellence by keeping high personal and professional values and ethics.
Program educational Objectives
– PEO1: Ability to understand ,analyze and design solutions with professional competency for the real world problems
– PEO2: Ability to develop software/embedded solutions for the requirements, based on critical analysis and research.
– PEO3: Ability to function effectively in a team and as an individual in a multidisciplinary / multicultural environment.
– PEO4: To provide a learning environment that fosters computational excellence and promote life long learning with understanding of professional responsibilities and obligations to clients and public.
1. Apply deep advanced working knowledge of Information techniques for research oriented problem solving.
2. Validating engineering models for complex Information Science & Engineering problems through computational measures.
3. Discover knowledge, solve problems, and think about the system to meet expected needs of industry standards with appropriate considerations such as economic / environmental /societal.
4. Conduct inquiry and experimentation based on problems that have changing requirements of real world research problems.
5. Develop skills to conceive design, implement and operate systems with best of engineering practices and current trends of techniques in information science and its research.
6. To understand and adopt the impact of contextual research knowledge on social aspects and cultural issues.
7. To recognize and appreciate industry culture and importance of societal context in engineering practice.
8. To understand professional & ethical responsibility to contribute for societal and national needs.
9. An advanced ability to communicate and conduct in multicultural & multidisciplinary teams.
10. An ability to communicate effectively through script and oral presentation.
11. An understand project management techniques and tools involved in Information Science and Engineering research and product development.
12. A recognition and realization of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.