Tourism in India is a prospective space to explore and develop in a big way. Taking into account our heritage, history and traditions, we can present to the rest of the world a profound treasure house provided we possess the art and ingenuity to present it properly. Tourism will become a major provider of jobs and a source of foreign exchange as the Government and various agencies take up this big challenge.
The Master of Tourism and Travel Management programme in CHRIST (Deemed to be University) equips students with the skills of a Business School Graduate relevant to the travel, tourism & hospitality industry.
The Training Programme in Master of Tourism and Travel Management focuses on the development of the whole person equipped with the following skills and attitudes to meet the needs of the changing and challenging social scenario.
- An overall development through academic excellence and professional competence, all revolving around the tourism and travel industry
- Demonstrate a very high level of maturity in using the knowledge gained through learning, and created through research for the betterment of the community through sound decision making
- Pure talent with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the tourism and travel industry by overcoming all regional, gender, language and age barriers.
- Integrated view of business and management problems
- Inter-relationship between functions
- Ideation and innovation
- Analytical Skills
Problem solving skills
- Dealing with complexity
- Managing risk
- Translating theory into practice
- Communication skills
- Negotiating skills
- Inter personal and group communication
- Willingness to Learn
- BBA (Honours) - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, Political Science, History - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- BBA (Finance and International Business) - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics, Media Studies, Political Science - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- Bachelor of Business Management (Tourism and Travel Management) - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in English - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Journalism - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Psychology - Bangalore Bannerghatta Road Campus