Please Note: This programme is a full time 2 years / 4 semesters offered at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) Bannerghatta road campus. The classes for this programme will be conducted at CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bannerghatta Road (BGR) campus.
The Masters of Arts programme in Literature and Cultural Studies aims to provide an interdisciplinary perspective on literary and cultural texts and theories. The papers offered provide contemporary perspectives on understanding literature and culture within not just historical frameworks but also contemporary contexts. Texts and ideologies selected for study are aimed at creating discursive spaces within as well as outside the classroom that encourage learners to investigate the contexts in which they live. In keeping with CHRIST (Deemed to be University) vision of excellence, this course is up to date with the latest theories and application skills in the fields of literary and cultural studies.
Among the objectives of the course are to provide:
• Advanced knowledge in terms of understanding literary history as well as significant texts and movements
• An interdisciplinary focus on the cultural and sociopolitical contexts in which we read literary texts
• Creative thinking skills that enable the learner to demonstrate independence of thought
• Hands-on training in academic writing, starting with the basics and culminating in a dissertation
• Development in higher order communication skills aimed at providing students graduating from the course with essential skills to foster research culture as well as professionalism in various branches of the fields of study.
Duration: 4 semesters
Eligibility for Admission and Admission procedure
Open to graduate students from any discipline with an aggregate score of 50% at the UG degree level and other University requirements (see Admission details on website)
Online application forms are available.
Personal interview conducted by the Faculty of the School of Business Studies and Social Sciences.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance and International Business)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, Political Science, History
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Media Studies, Economics, Political Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism and Travel Management)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in English
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Journalism
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Psychology