BA Journalism Honours with non core subjects Political Science and Economics
The field of journalism is seeing a great many changes in recent years. With globalization there has been exponential growth of educational institutions offering Journalism as part of their curriculum. This has unfortunately led to the setting-up of umpteen arbitrary institutions offering journalism without adhering to quality norms and standards.
CHRIST (Deemed to be University) prides itself in offering a Journalism Honours programme that is unquestionable in its quest for quality both in form of the papers offered and pedagogy. Experiential learning will be the main driving force behind this programme.
The Journalism Honours programme is a three year programme, having Political Science and Economics as allied subjects, which will enable the students to have a sound grounding in the various aspects of journalism- theoretical and practical. The need of the hour is to train students to become journalists who help define communication, help create a common understanding rooted in reality. Towards this effort the Honours programme will be a much sought after one.
Social relevance, Intellectual rigour, Inter-disciplinarity, contemporaneity, employability, student-friendly.
Unique features of the programme:
Advanced pedagogical practices, Dissertation, Internships, community service, MOOCs, inter-disciplinary non-core papers.
1. To have sound grounding in various aspects of journalism- theoretical and practical.
2. To train students to become journalists who help define communication.
3. To help create a common understanding rooted in reality.
4. To create industry oriented talent pool who are able to fulfill demanding managerial, networking and organizational duties in a wide range of positions in the area of journalism.
Brief understanding of Journalism, Psychology, Business Studies, Communication and Media Studies
Sound knowledge of English language and grammar
Have technical know-how to operate camera and basic editing
Basic understanding of media research
Interpersonal communication skills
Strong research, coordination and time management skills
To become team players, but also work independently when needed
Ability to design communication and media strategies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance and International Business)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, Political Science, History
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics, Media Studies, Political Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism and Travel Management)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in English
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Journalism
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Psychology