- Report on Industry Visit 2018
Course: Ecological Discourses and Practices
Place of Visit: Bangalore Water Supply and Sewage Board (BWSSB) plant, Cubbon Park
Name of Organisation: Bangalore Water Supply and Sewage Board (BWSSB) plant, Cubbon Park
No. of Hours / Days: 2 Hrs
Purpose of the Visit: Social awareness and exposure to state’s management of environmental resources
1. Description of the Event: This field visit was a part of the course, “Ecological Discourses and Practices” to gain practical knowledge of the management of environmental resources.
2. A Note on the Organisation / Place of Visit: Bangalore Water Supply and Sewage Board (BWSSB) plant, Cubbon Park is an organization run by the state.
Report of the Event
3. Objectives of the Visit: The objective of the visit was to familiarize students with the one of the various initiatives from the state government to manage environmental resources to ensure sustainable development. The visit was also meant to provide an exposure to practical aspect of the concepts learnt in the classroom.
4. Departments of Visit: Sewage Treatment Plant
5. What was Observed: The entire process of sewage and water treatment in a tertiary plant was explained to the students as they observed it. The students were also practically shown as to how the plant works in a systematic manner from collecting the Sewage and discarding the waste, to converting it into usable water.
6. People / Experts Met and Interacted with: The Chief Engineer of the plant.
7. Learning Outcomes: Students learnt the process of sewage water treatment.
8. Student Response and Reception: Students could observe and learn the process of sewage water treatment and its conversion into reusable water. They actively engaged with the expert in the field who explained the process to them by clarifying their doubts and taking down field notes. This experience could enhance their knowledge of environmental resource management learnt in the classroom. Students also prepared a report of the same and posted in the googleclassroom.