The BSc Psychology Honours offered by CHRIST (Deemed to be University) in Bannarghatta Road Campus (BGR) and Kengeri Campus with non core subjects like Artificial Intelligence and Bio-chemistry is designed to meet the increasing demand for Psychologists in the diverse professional fields. Drawing from the recommendations of American Psychological Association, The British Psychological Society and the University Grants Commission, this program integrates both natural science and social science disciplines, requiring students to take courses from diverse disciplines.
The course structure is designed to enable students to think critically and creatively and to investigate how human beings interact with the environment through the modalities of mind, body and behaviour. This program integrates courses from disciplines such as Biotechnology and Biochemistry Computer science engineering and social sciences.
At the end of the program, students will be able to demonstrate the following competencies
1. Better understanding of the social science and natural science concepts in the functioning of the human mind, body and behaviour
2. The ability to formulate questions in Psychology and to develop hypotheses, analyse data and interpret results.
3. Identify how ethical issues interact with the practice of psychology in professional domains
4. Identify the relationship between psychology and other fields and it’s application across various disciplines.
5. Develop awareness and understanding of how personal factors influence academic growth.
Students will actively engage in investigating the dynamics and interrelations among human being and environment including human and machine interface through directed research based in Laboratory, library and field settings. Students will so have the opportunity to gain firsthand experience of psychology as applied to diverse professional practise through directed internship opportunities organised by the department. Students doing BSc Honours in Psychology will get an opportunity to complete directed research project and write a supervised dissertation under the guidance of a faculty.
Social relevance, Intellectual rigour, Inter-disciplinarity, contemporaneity, employability, student-friendly (and engaging).
Unique features of the programme:
Advanced pedagogical practices, Dissertation, Internships, community service, MOOCs, inter-disciplinary non-core papers.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Cultural Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Commerce
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Tourism
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Economics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in English
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Media Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Sociology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (Liberal Arts)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance and International Business)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, Political Science, History
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics, Media Studies, Political Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism and Travel Management)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in English
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Journalism
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Psychology