The BA Honours in English Studies with non core subjects History and Psychology at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) is a three-year rigorous programme, offering a splendid platform for varied literary, cultural and professional explorations. This programme has been designed after having taken stock of some of the cutting edge shifts in English Studies as practiced and envisioned in different parts of the globe. The curriculum exhibits an impressive variety, comprising courses on Literature, Culture, Gender, Ecology, Cinema, Linguistics, History, Writing, Indian Epics, Narratology, etc. The programme aims to empower students to pick up key skills, get introduced to crucial concerns and debates in the field, gain job-oriented training and attempt public intellectualism. With a team of committed and enterprising faculty, the programme will bring in robust pedagogical practices, coupled with empathy towards student needs and intelligibility.
The programme attempts to inculcate in students
i. study skills, listening skills, reading skills, writing skills, search skills in library and in online databases, editing skills, bibliographic skills, dissertation skills, and critiquing skills.
ii. an introductory exposure to methods and methodologies in literary, cultural and historical domains
iii. the ability to understand the complex dynamics of literary genres
iv. The capability to interpret texts with critical, aesthetic, and ethical sensitivity
v. A higher consciousness of varied contemporary and decisive socio-political and cultural issues
vi. an exposure to professional contexts and challenges
vii. A preparedness to join higher education programmes in any premier institution in the world
Social relevance, Intellectual rigour, Inter-disciplinarity, contemporaneity, employability, student-friendly.
Unique features of the programme:
Advanced pedagogical practices, Dissertation, Internships, community service, MOOCs, inter-disciplinary non-core papers.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance and International Business)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, Political Science, History
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Media Studies, Economics, Political Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism and Travel Management)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in English
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Journalism
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Psychology
- Admission Process
- Application Process
- Centre details for Selection Process
- Course Structure
- Fee Structure 2019
- Important Dates for Selection Process
- International Student Category
- Miscellaneous Information
- NRI Student Category
- Selection Process
- Test Pattern
- Syllabus(Academic Year-2018)