The BA Economics Honours Programme with non-core subjects Psychology and Political Science and integrated courses in sociology and history, is designed to produce graduates trained in the application of knowledge in economics to real-life economic, financial, ethical and analytical problems encountered in the economy. It is structured to provide the students with the skills and professional acumen to become key players in the economy irrespective of their future job places and task diversification they would take up. The course may enable the students to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to situations of economic, institutional and policy making both in governance and industry.
The course has a rigorous focus on quantitative techniques and research methods which will orient the students in dealing with economic problems with a practical and analytical approach. The diversity and the spread of the course ensure that the students receive sufficient experience of the current issues and crises of the world especially that of the emerging economies.
1. To train the students in the fundamental theories in economics
2. To provide skills in academic research and economic analysis
3. To expose the students to the real world economic experiences through service learning
4. To develop the competency to design economic policies
5. To mould holistically developed individuals
Programme Outcome :
On completion of the BA Honours programme in Economics:
1. The students will gain familiarity with historical and contemporary developments in the discipline of Economics.
2. The students will have the necessary knowledge of interdisciplinary areas.
3. The Students will be able to analyse and evaluate economic policies.
4. The Students will gain problem solving, interpretative and decision making skills.
5. The Students will attain the competency to understand regional, national and global issues from the economic perspective.
6. The students will have an advanced knowledge of discipline specific areas of Economics.
7. Students will be trained in advanced practical areas of data analysis, report generation and critical thinking.
8. The Students will be eligible for higher education at leading institutions in the world.
9. The students will be professionally equipped to take up careers in corporate and public sector.
Social relevance, Intellectual rigour, Inter-disciplinarity, contemporaneity, employability, student-friendly
Unique features of the programme:
Advanced pedagogical practices, Dissertation, Internships, community service, MOOCs, inter-disciplinary non-core papers.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Commerce
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Tourism
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Economics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in English
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Media Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Sociology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Psychology
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance and International Business)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, Political Science, History
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics, Media Studies, Political Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism and Travel Management)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in English
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours in Journalism
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Psychology